How does your research make it possible to reforest the planet?

When you do 45 searches with YouCare you allow to finance the planting of a tree where the planet needs it the most.

To participate in the reforestation of the planet, YouCare financially supports the association Eden Reforestation Projects, an association chosen for its transparency and efficiency.

Click here to locate all reforestation sites funded through your research on the map.

 

About Eden Reforestation Projects :

Since its creation in 2004, Eden Reforestation Projects has planted more than 300 million trees and paid more than 3.4 million working days worldwide for this work.

Eden Reforestation Projects employs local people to grow, plant and mature forests of native species on a large scale. This local employment allows many families to earn a steady income to support themselves. 

In a constant concern for transparency, Eden Reforestation Projects publishes every year its financial and activity reports and are subject to regular monitoring by an independent organization.

 

Why do you have to do 45 searches to plant a tree?

Eden Reforestation Projects plants trees in Ethiopia, Madagascar, Nepal, Haiti, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, Honduras and Nicaragua.

The average cost for planting a tree with Eden Reforestation Projects is 10 euro cents. This cost is the average of the costs of planting a tree in each of the countries listed above. You will find, in FAQ’s Eden Reforestation Project, the cost of planting a tree in each of the countries listed above.

By doing 45 searches with YouCare, you generate 10 euro cents of advertising revenue for the good deed you support. Since the cost of planting a tree is 10 cents euro, all you have to do is do 45 searches to plant a tree.

To learn more about YouCare’s source of income, visit this page: Comment YouCare finance tes bonnes actions ?

 

We must all fight against deforestation :

Causes of deforestation

Based on the State of the World’s Forests’ reports published by FAO in 2016, almost 80% of global deforestation is caused by agriculture, the remaining 20% divided between infrastructure construction (roads, dams) first, then mining activities and finally urbanization. 

Impacts of deforestation on the global warming

Deforestation also has a very strong impact on the global warming. Trees store CO2 throughout their lives. By destroying these trees, the ability of the global ecosystem to store CO2 is reduced. Less trees means less CO2 absorbed and therefore more greenhouse effect. As a result, global deforestation is responsible for the equivalent of 11.3% of anthropogenic CO2 emissions, this makes it one of the biggest drivers of global warming on par with road transport and building energy consumption.

Impacts of deforestation on agricultural yields

The forest plays an important retardant role by absorbing and distributing, in a delayed and progressive manner, the atmospheric energy and water it receives. This “blocking” effect makes it possible to reduce the temperature locally by several degrees and to humidify the surrounding areas.

By reintroducing forests in hostile climates, and in the process of desertification, we can reverse the trend into a positive spiral: more trees lead to a better climate and therefore a better environment for agriculture.

Many of the world’s extremely poor people live in rural areas and depend directly on agriculture for their subsistence. The massive destruction of forests reduces their agricultural yields to the point that they are no longer sufficient to meet their own needs. When this happens, these populations must migrate to overcrowded cities in search of work. Unfortunately, these cities offer them few resources to survive and these populations immediately fall into extreme precariousness.

Impacts of deforestation on the soil

Deforestation also weakens soils. Indeed, the presence of a forest on a soil tends to make this soil richer in organic matter, but also more resistant to bad weather or erosion. As a result, when a forest area is destroyed, the soil gradually becomes fragile and makes the ecosystem more vulnerable to natural disasters such as landslides or floods.

Impacts of deforestation on biodiversity

Whether it is mammals, birds, insects, amphibians or plants, the forest is home to much of the world’s biodiversity. By destroying these natural habitats, human activities threaten the existence of these species. 

Comment tes recherches permettent de reforester la planète

In conclusion, why do we have to reforest ? 

Reforest helps to combat the adverse effects of global warming and increase the agricultural yields of rural people who depend on it directly for their livelihood.

Understanding deforestation in video